Most of us have been or will be pulled over for a traffic offense at some point, especially seemingly minor traffic offenses. Even minor traffic offenses have the potential for serious consequences. When you are facing a traffic violation, we will fight for your rights, especially in helping you avoid accumulating points on your license.
Seek a consultation from a knowledgeable attorney. The Davé Law Firm team is eager to help you. Please reach out right away when you have been charged with a traffic offense.
When you are charged with any traffic violations, the Trenton traffic crime lawyer from Davé Law Firm will fight for the best outcome while advocating for your rights.
Helping You Navigate the Point System
In New Jersey, there are point values associated with most traffic violation charges, and these points vary based on the severity of the offense. There are a number of consequences for receiving points on your driving record.
Here are some of the consequences for points:
- Six points: Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) notifies you (in writing) of the number of points you have been assigned, explains the New Jersey point system, and imposes surcharges for three years.
- 12 or more points: You are classified by the MVC as a “persistent violator,” and you will have your driver’s license suspended for six months.
Once you have been classified as a persistent violator and successfully finish your driver’s license suspension to restore your driving privileges, you will be on probation for one year, during which a ticket or any other violation will result in another suspension.
Having a skilled attorney on your side is the best way to avoid these severe penalties. Another major way that an attorney can help you is to fight traffic charges to avoid the accumulation of points.
A driver may receive one to three points for:
- Failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk (two points)
- Failing to observe traffic signals (two points)
- Speeding between one and 14 mph over the posted speed limit (two points)
- Careless driving (two points)
- Leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage (two points)
- Failing to observe stop signs or yield signs (two points)
- Improper left or right turn (three points)
- Improper U-turn (three points)
A driver may receive four to eight points for:
- Speeding between 15 and 29 mph over the posted speed limit (four points)
- Speeding 30 mph or more over the posted speed limit (five points)
- Reckless driving (five points)
- Racing on the highway (five points)
- Leaving the scene of an accident involving personal injuries (eight points)
A traffic attorney will help prevent you from having these points applied to your license whenever possible. That’s why it is so important to contact our skilled team right away when you are charged with a traffic violation.
We Can Help You
Traffic violations are not simple or easy to navigate. You can fight the charges with the help of our experienced attorney. Our skilled team will build a strong defense for you to avoid having points assigned to your record. Choosing to defend yourself in a traffic case could result in more damage to your driving record. Instead of taking the risk, invest in your future by hiring a lawyer.
You need and deserve a skilled, experienced, and knowledgeable team to fiercely defend your rights. Contact us to secure an experienced and knowledgeable advocate who will work with you to achieve a desirable outcome in your case and avoid having points accumulate on your record and negatively affect your life.
Call us at (609) 554-7511 for a free initial consultation to see if we are the right fit for you. We are ready to take on your case and help advocate for your rights!
Full-Service Law Firm
Whether you were injured, unjustly charged, or in the middle of a legal family matter, our team of attorneys has the skills and resources to protect your rights and defend your future.
Small-Firm Dedication & Focus, Large-Firm Results
When you work with our firm, you get the one-on-one treatment expected at a small firm, with the results expected from a larger firm. You work directly with your dedicated attorney from start to finish.
Knowledgeable & Experienced Counsel
With over 80,000 combined cases handled, our accomplished attorneys have the skill, knowledge, and dedication to fight for you and your rights.
Innovative Legal Strategies
Our mission is to provide our clients with a network of innovative legal solutions tailored to their unique case, excellent legal representation, and a dedication to quality customer service.